For the better part of every day, we are communicating with our clients. These discussions occur on a formal basis – gathering preliminary information, following up on issues, obtaining facts, presenting conclusions – and on an informal basis as we build relationships. Most times we are on the same page as our clients but there are other times when we must hold challenging conversations.
Our ability to exchange ideas, voice our perspective and understand our client’s viewpoint all tie back to communication. This verifiable CDP course for CPAs help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each. Many times, it is not what you say but how you say it. Developing communication strategies will provide a great benefit for partners and staff and in turn, will help strengthen relationships with clients.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Understand what communication is and how it impacts client relationships
- Appreciate verbal, paraverbal and nonverbal communcation
- Develop techniques to strengthen your message
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them
- Use the STAR method to prepare for client discussions
- Listen actively and effectively
- Strengthen listening skills