Ethics is a fundamental pillar of the profession and essential to being in public practice. CPAs are known for integrity and reliability and a strong practitioner is valued by their clients. It is critical to protect that reputation.
This verifiable ethics CPD course will help practitioners better understanding ethics and its impact on being in public practice. We make decisions on a daily basis; some have little impact on us and some have a significant impact. The session reviews various ethical decision-making frameworks and how they can be put into use. Recognizing biases and how they impact our decisions is another aspect of ethics that further enhances our ability to make the right decision.
Through the use of fun “what would you do” scenarios, illustrative examples and practical guidance, this ethics course will help you meet the requirements of being in public practice.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe ethics and what it means to public practice.
- Discuss the differences in ethical decision-making frameworks and better understand how to apply them in their own firms when decisions must be made.
- Understand how biases come into play in the decision-making process and how being aware of them helps you conduct better assurance engagements.
- Become familiar with the Code of Professional Conduct and the rules that guide the profession.
- Identify potential independence threats and establish and implement appropriate safeguards to be put in place.
- Build a stronger ethical culture.