A critical aspect of performing engagements is file review and meeting documentation standards. There are various types of file reviews to be performed including a general file review, EQ review, section review and detailed working paper file review. This course will review the objectives, strategies and approach to each. Other file review issues will be explored including what causes file clutter and how to minimize, efficient documentation and giving and clearing review notes.
Through illustrative examples, guidance on practical application and an exploration of file review tips, you will strengthen your ability to conduct an effective and efficient file review and save time on your engagements.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of file reviews and documentation
- Distinguish differences between general file review, EQ review, section review and detailed working paper file review
- Appreciate the objectives and strategies of each type of review
- Identify file clutter, how it arises and and determine ideas how to minimize
- Develop an efficient approach to reviewing files
- Implement file review tips and giving and clearing review notes