There are areas that practitioners may struggle with in performing review engagements. This is because the standards are not well understood or there are challenges in applying them, especially in the context of a less complex entity. This course will address hot topics in performing a review engagement in accordance with CSRE 2400. This is not a technial course but rather a practical session that focuses on matters of importance including understanding the entity, designing and performing inquiry and analytical procedures, specified procedure requirements, documentation and reporting and communicating.
Through an exploration of the standard, illustrative examples and guidance on practical application you will strengthen your ability to conduct effective and efficient engagements.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Implement effective strategies in performing review engagements
- Develop an efficient approach to understanding accounting records and systems
- Identify areas where misstatement is likely to arise
- Appreciate the requirements of inquiry and how to ask better questions
- Explain and implement the concepts of analytical procedures
- Appreciate required specified procedures
- Strengthen documentation in engagement files
- Identify reporting requirements including emphasis and other matter paragraphs