Most people wish they had more time in the day, especially those in public practice. Being a CPA in public practice is unique as practitioners have to juggle client priorities, complete engagements, deal with staff and meet deadlines that are not their own. It is easy to get to the end of the day and wonder where the time went. That is where the power of efficiency comes in.
This verifiable CPD session covers a variety of ideas on increasing productivity with a specific focus on those in public practice. Participants will learn how to establish routines, set goals, create an efficient environment and use planning tools to maximize their personal productivity.
Through exploration of relevant concepts, illustrative examples and guidance on practical application, the session will help participants organize themselves and find those hidden moments of time.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Create the right environment
- Organize physical and virtual workspaces for maximum efficiency
- Set and evaluate SMART goals
- Use routines to maximize productivity
- Use scheduling tools to make the most of time
- Implement actions to accomplish tasks when following the “2, 5 and more minute” rule
- Stay on top of to-do lists
- Start new tasks and projects on the right foot
- Take back time from unimportant distractions
- Appreciate why one procrastinates and learn tips on how to beat procrastination