We live in a knowledge-based society, and the more use critical thinking skills, the better decisions we are able to make. Understanding the components of critical thinking allows us to strengthen our ability to reason which in turn helps to maintain an attitude of professional skepticism in engagements.
It is important to ask the right questions, organize and evaluate the data in order to draw the right conclusions. This course will review aspects of critical thinking including logical and lateral thinking and different situations where they come into play.
Through illustrative examples, guidance on practical application and understanding requirements, you will strengthen your ability to maintain and attitude of professional skepticism and build stronger relationships with your clients.
By the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the link between professional skepticism and critical thinking
- Understand the difference between logical thinking and lateral thinking
- Strengthen the ability to reason
- Identify the characteristics of critical thinkers
- Explore attributes, mindset and actions of professional skepticism