Putting Essential Skills into Practice
Being in public practice means working with clients and juggling many responsibilities, often within very tight timeframes. Soft skills are vital in all aspects of the day to day work of a practitioners. Developing stronger communication skills, personal productivity approaches and crisis management tools all assist in interactions with clients and others. Our Putting Essential Skills into Practice workshop helps participants build on their core set of skills.
Participants will strengthen their abilities in all areas of work including communication and writing skills, personal motivation, organization and personal productivity and crisis management. Taking the time to build effective skills can contribute to a more efficient, more harmonious, and more productive practice, as well as overall job happiness and satisfaction. Highly effective individuals are able to focus on the tasks with the greatest impact enabling them to run more efficient and successful practices.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
• Discuss how soft skills are important to succeed in practice
• Understand the essential skills practitioners should have
• Apply soft skills to specific situations
• Use soft skills to better serve clients and address their needs as well as relate more effectively to others in the workplace
• Understand how to use soft skills to communicate, problem-solve and resolve conflict
• Use critical thinking to be better able to make quick decisions, think on your feet and solve problems
• Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
• Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
• Handle crises effectively and quickly