Path to Implementation – CSRS 4200
Live Online Workshop
January 21, 2021: 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm CST
January 6, 2021: Complete
November 23, 2020: Complete
November 12: Complete
October 28: Complete
October 16: Complete
$600 plus GST
This course is unique as it focuses on application and implementation methodologies, not technical requirements. It is practical in its approach to help you prepare for the new standard.
CSRS 4200 Compilation Engagements is effective for periods ending on or after December 14, 2021, early adoption is permitted. While the effective date may seem a long time away, it will come quickly. It will be important to be prepared to minimize time and effort on implementation.
Topics covered will follow the logical flow of implementation starting with understanding the scope of the standard and ideas on communicating with clients. Engagement acceptance and continuance decisions follow which include establishing the intended use of the financial information as this drives certain required actions. Formulating a basis of accounting is yet a further requirement that will be addressed together with reviewing and tailoring a sample note.
Other aspects of the standard will also be examined. These areas involve understanding the business, performing the engagement and preparing the compiled financial information. Each area has specific requirements which will be analyzed along with techniques how to apply and meet documentation requirements. Finally, the new compilation report will be reviewed.
After the course you will have a better understanding of how to implement the standard and develop a solid action plan ultimately allowing you to save time and achieve peace of mind.
Tools and templates to help implement the standard and develop a firm action plan will be provided.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
• Describe the new standard and be able to clearly articulate and discuss changes with clients and third parties
• Identify where business decisions on implementation are necessary
• Formulate an action plan on implementation of the new standard from now until the effective date
• Analyze scope exclusions that may apply
• Interpret steps required in determining whether to accept or continue an engagement
• Recognize documentation requirements and establish how to meet these requirements in an efficient manner
• Develop template notes describing the basis of accounting applied in the preparation of the compiled financial information
• Evaluate the impact of independence on the new report